Buy Me A Coffee

Saturday, June 03, 2023

Today's Readings: Saint Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs

 


Today I humbly ask for prayers for my daughter Bethany and her unborn child. Click here to read her news at my other blog Pierced Hearts.

This is the Feast Day of St. Charles Lwanga and Companions. You can read about their martyrdom under the homosexual King of Uganda here. Please take the time to read it today. It's worth your while.

In Today's Readings we seek wisdom which comes from God.

I sought wisdom openly in my prayer

I prayed for her before the temple,

and I will seek her until the end,

and she flourished as a grape soon ripe.

Someone had asked me on Twitter yesterday if there were any protestant saints. I said, "Of course not." I was so wrong as we see in today's account of St. Charles Lwanga and Companions, some of whom were Protestants, who were martyred for calling out the King of Uganda's homosexual abuse of pages. I responded to that person on Twitter with a lack of Wisdom. It's a good lesson for me today. I should not open my mouth and speak about things of which I do not know.

As I pray for my daughter and her baby today, I pray also for Wisdom so that I may know what the Chief Priests said they did not know in today's Gospel reading, that Christ has all authority as the Son of God. Far be it for me to claim any authority on my own, apart from Him. I hand my daughter and her child over to His care this month.

UPDATE: It was Tuberoot who asked me about protestant saints. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment