Author: Lisa Graas
•10/24/2004 07:52:00 AM
For a long time I have been on five medications: Lamictal, Lexapro, Lithium, Abilify and Wellbutrin.

The side effects have been awful. Constant diarrhea, blurred vision and fatigue to the point of not being able to function are the worst of these. Now, at long last, I have decided to go off the medication. The medication is not helping me that much, it seems, because I still cannot function. At least when I was off medication, I had periods of hypomania where I could get things done. Now, it's constant depression and fatigue. I have four children and homeschool. I just can't do it anymore! So, with my doctor's help, I am going off meds.

So far, he has taken me completely off Lexapro and Abilify. More decreases will come. My next appointment with my pdoc is on November 2nd. Hopefully then he will go ahead and decrease my meds even more.

In the meantime, with the reduction of two meds, I am beginning to feel a little energy coming back. Thanks be to God!
|
This entry was posted on 10/24/2004 07:52:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: