Author: Lisa Graas
•6/03/2003 12:20:00 PM
Click here for today's readings

I'm sure that many of us, at one time or another, have heard someone say, "I live a quiet faith". How often do we hear someone say, "I live a loud faith"? Perhaps the solemn churches, cathedrals and basilicas of the Catholic Church are not the place for those who live a loud faith......... or are they?

St. Paul lived a very loud faith. The Scriptures don't seem to indicate whether or not he shouted at any time, but he was certainly very open with the Gospel. In today's reading he says:

"And so I solemnly declare to you this day

that I am not responsible for the blood of any of you,

for I did not shrink from proclaiming to you the entire plan of God."


How many of us would take the time to be educated enough to proclaim the teachings of the Church to others, and how many of us would do so as boldly as St. Paul?

I say to you that if you set out to do such a thing you will be reviled and rejected. No one will want anything to do with you. Few people want to meet someone who has a "loud faith". There will be much suffering of loneliness for you, but as the Psalm says:

"Blessed day by day be the Lord,

who bears our burdens; God, who is our salvation.

God is a saving God for us;

the LORD, my Lord, controls the passageways of death."


No matter the depths of the pain, our Lord has suffered it for us and made our sufferings redemptive. Thanks be to God!

And what of those who reject you? Christ says in today's Gospel:

"I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given me,

because they are yours, and everything of mine is yours

and everything of yours is mine,

and I have been glorified in them."


Educate yourself. Try living a loud faith and graces will be poured out to you.

God bless you.

Love from Lisa
|
This entry was posted on 6/03/2003 12:20:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: