Author: Lisa Graas
•4/11/2003 12:15:00 PM
Go here for today's readings
http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/041103.htm

I wasn't going to do a commentary today because I am so busy here, but I must.

Today's Psalm is my favorite because it describes what God did for me on Ash Wednesday, 1991.

But let me back up a bit. I was raised in a Baptist household. My parents gave me a Bible and trusted me to figure out what I needed to know for salvation. You know, they believe in "Bible only" and "faith only".......so what else were they to do? Anything else would have been hypocritical.

I could not accept Jesus because of what He asked in John 6. He said that we must eat His Flesh and drink His Blood or we will have no life in us. I did not think this could be possible, therefore I believed that Jesus must be an imposter, as did those in today's Gospel reading, but I remained open-minded.

On Ash Wednesday, 1991, I attended my first Mass. It was there that I witnessed that it IS POSSIBLE to do as Jesus commanded and, to make a long story short, what happened in today's Psalm is what happened that evening in that church for me.

Thank you, God, for being patient with me in my unbelief. Thank you for pouring out your grace to me, even as I was skeptical. Thank you, Lord, for drawing me out of many waters.

God bless you all.

Love from Lisa

|
This entry was posted on 4/11/2003 12:15:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: