Author: Lisa Graas
•4/01/2003 01:40:00 AM
Click here for Today's Readings

So the Jews said to the man who was cured,
"It is the sabbath, and it is not lawful for you to carry your mat."
He answered them, "The man who made me well told me,
‘Take up your mat and walk.'"

I am reminded today of how little I recognize God's grace. I long so much to know Jesus -- to know His embrace, and each day is a trial of the soul as I try to figure out how to do that. I think that maybe I am trying too hard and I am not recognizing how much God really loves me. The passage above from the Gospel is testimony to that. This man refers to Jesus as "the man who made me well." He obviously had no idea that Jesus is the Son of God. He was just "the man who made me well". Jesus caught up with him later and let him know that he had better stay straight or things could get even worse than they had been before. How simple it all sounds. So, why is it so hard for me? I think that I am making it too hard for myself. God is not going to give me a load greater than I can bear. I have a responsibility to stay away from sin or things could get truly worse for me, but it will not be too tough. Jesus healed a man who didn't even know who He is! God's grace will not be kept from any of us who yield ourselves to it. There is not one moment in our lives that does not have His attention. We are in His loving care. All that we have to do is respond to the grace. It is not such a puzzle, after all. It is not such a trial to just rest in Him and to hope in only Him. He is more to me than simply "the man who made me well". I have no reason to fear.

God bless you.

Love from Lisa
|
This entry was posted on 4/01/2003 01:40:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: